When we age, life slows down a bit. There is suddenly more time to socialize, yet it’s not always easy to plan social activities around everything else we have going on. Whether you live across the country or across the street from your elderly family members, it helps to know they have someone nearby who can be there for senior companion care purposes. Because sometimes finding the right home care for your loved one is about just knowing they have a friendly, compassionate companion who visits regularly.
Senior companion care is one of our most frequently requested services. When a referred non-medical caregiver provides in home companionship care, a trusted companion can keep your loved one socially engaged at home, and also accompany them to visit friends, family, and other social events.
The following are just a few of the companion care services that Sincere Home Care referred caregivers offer
- Social events and friend visit
- Shopping and errands
- Personal correspondence and memoirs
- Prompts and reminders
- Home projects
- Safety and security
- And more…
This program provides services that enable individuals to remain at home safely for as long as possible or return home after a
hospitalization or skilled facility. Services are typically provided Monday through Friday, although special accommodations can sometimes be made . All services are provided by trained staff through the County or a home care agency contracted by the County. Services include:
- Bathing/personal care/using the bathroom
- Physical assistance with getting from bed to chair
- Eating reminders/assistance
- Medication reminders
- Meal preparation
- Laundry/light housekeeping
- Assistance with grocery shopping
- Healthcare escorts
Who is eligible for companion services?
- 60 and over or adults who have physical or cognitive disabilities
- Have a physical or cognitive disability that makes it difficult for them to complete home and self-care tasks.
- Home bound or cannot leave their home independently
What is the cost for companion services?
- Sliding scale fee based on monthly income and medical expenses
- Program services are not covered by Medicare, Medicaid or other health insurance.
How do you apply for companion services?
- Call (763) 208-0130 to set up an appointment.
- A social worker will visit you in your home and help you complete the application form. The application asks questions about your health, ability to get around, and other areas that will help determine if you are eligible.
- Once approved, you will work with the social worker and the home care agency to set up a schedule for services.